Friday 31 May 2013

Summer Vacations here I come! (Part-2)

After heaving a sigh of relief following the uncomfortable 1st semester and the horrendous Inter-University Championships, I now turned my focus towards the Chemistry cycle and racing in 2013. My goals were simple, get that 9 pointer and win races, which would involve some planning, preparation and again a few  million of cups of tea.

Just 4 days after classes reopened, I packed my bags to head to Chikmagalur with the SKCT guys to compete in a state level race. Good company, good food and good accommodation made this journey one to remember despite a poor performance (not even a top 10 finish out of the 30 who started).
Fortunately, just 3 weeks later was the BBCh Individual Time Trial, an opportunity to plaster up my self confidence which was shattered at the moment. Good training got me 15th place out of the 70-odd who started (Ain't gonna whine about no top-10 position here). 
                                       (With proper training comes the ability to suffer)

If there were two things to point out which made the 2nd semester better than the 1st, one of them had to be  the South Indian meal in our college mess. Unlimited food for 50 INR, and food so delicious that even Dr. Hannibal would've turned vegetarian after eating here. Another factor of influence would be my crazy (ran away from a mental institution crazy), awesome friends. Having successfully gotten back on my feet in math, 2nd semester was set turn out to be a walk in the park.
"What?! That's not right!" - said fate and introduced me to Computer programming. Though I am grateful to the leaps in modern lifestyle brought about by java, I did not understand why I had to start with Java instead of basics such as C or C++! After giving a sluggish performance in java in 1st internals, fortunately I found a tutor and managed to get by.
                                              (Never really got used to coffee!)

P.S. Realized now that there's a word limit in this blog, see you in part-3.

No comments:

Post a Comment